I started using Gmail (new free web-based email from Google) on 21 June 2004 and as today, I have already used 16% of the space. 161 MB to be exact. I followed Gmail recommendation to “Archive, don’t Delete” for nearly every single email I received, and I am now surprised to have used 161 MB in less than a month. Prior to using Gmail, I uses my work email address and still delete emails that I does not want already, as what we always did. I filled up the 85 MB space in 3.5 months.
Now with the “Archive, don’t Delete” approach, I filled up the same amount of space SEVEN times as fast. I told my friend when I started, calculating from my previous track record, if I uses 85 MB in 3.5 months, 1000 MB should last me near to 3.5 years which is good.
However, with the new track record with Gmail, that 1000 MB can only lasts me six months, which is NOT good. Granted, there are a hell lot of junk inside, but that’s what Gmail wanted in the first place, isn’t it? Frankly, there may be less than 10 MB of emails that I wanted to keep in there. I think Gmail should start considering changing their approach and make it easier for us to delete emails. Who needs to archive junks after all?
- Pak, jgn cuman Telegram yg diblock. Coba, panci juga sekalian diblock karena jelas2 bisa dipake teroris buat bikin bom. — feeling angry 1 week ago
- @thurrott is it possible to step-by-step upgrade from W2000SP4 to XP to 7 to 7 SP1 to eventually W10? 1 month ago
- fb.me/1flj0tIwn 1 month ago
- UpNormal Kelapa Gading Blacklisted. 1 month ago
- Where people in Singapore complains about more civilized rules like "right of way", "lane hogging", or "signal to... fb.me/1hWECxjn6 1 month ago
- Anyone knows how to move Whatsapp chats from Android phone to iPhone? 2 months ago
- Win liao lor ... fb.me/8dvANJDk7 5 months ago
- Too all my pro photogs friends, any recommendation for compact camera that can take good product photos? Not too expensive please. 5 months ago
- #Sayabertanya kepada Bpk Presiden dan Kapolri, motor lawan arah saya klakson, kok dianya yg marah? 5 months ago
- @BOLTCare kak, tolong dicek BOLT no 9993600775 daerah Kelapa Gading, dari pagi cuman bs ke Google. Yg laen ga mau. Thx. 5 months ago
andriapark32172 on Something small in time for th… Christiane on Tree Size Cold market prospect… on Tree Size Doterra reviews on Tree Size Johng138 on blogdrive.com missing? gone?…
Smugmug discount codeFor discount when signing up for a Smugmug account, you can use my referral code when you sign up: C26cqbAfqMjWs. I'll earn $10 for my next year's subscription, and you'll earn $5 yourself, paying $35 instead of $40.
hendrikch on the web
- 79,615 hits